The role can be based in any Amazon corporate office in a Metropolitan city in Europe/UK
Amazon is seeking an experienced and business-oriented Senior EngineeringProject Manager to lead the capacity, capital planning and project execution for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment center network.
Successful candidates will have strong level of ownership and be highly motivated individuals who have Engineering Program and Project Management experience. The role will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfilment Center design, implementation, modeling, estimating and managing new Fulfilment Center start-up’s. This individual will provide leadership in managing the build specifications; pre-contract work, internal teams and vendor relations. This individual will be responsible for managing critical path and helping other teams deliver network capacity on time.
The Senior Engineering Project Manager will drive and invent and simplify strategy, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the initiatives. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
Would you like an opportunity to travel and work in multiple countries and cultures?
The role will be based in Europe or UK with extensive travel of about 85% of time traveling within Europe and occasionally internationally including-site management for multiple projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
· End-to-end ownership of large-scale Robotics deployment projects and delivery including resources, CAPEX, schedule and vendor & supplier management.
· Create, submit and track the relevant Capex documentation and KPIs to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
· Manage multiple concurrent projects together with a team of internal PMs
· Complex stakeholder management: work very closely with the Real Estate, IT, launch and Operations teams from project start to end at multiple sites.
· POC for project escalations at the regional level.
· Drive scalability and continuous improvement on efficiency and effectiveness.
· Evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organizational team structure.
· Conduct multiple regular standing meetings with internal teams, vendors, suppliers and contractors to plan and track deliverables.
· Deep dive on technical details and lead problem solutions on a need basis at the strategic level.
· Assist at escalation level in providing equipment projections to procurement partner for best value and competition.
· Coordinate information between various teams and levels in the organization.
· Ability to understand Operational processes.
· University Degree in engineering (or science/technology)
· Experience leading overall end-to-end project delivery including resources,CAPEX, schedule and vendor management
· Proven leadership experience in development and implementation of largescale, complex projects
· Proven experience leading technical design reviews and proposing design solutions for material handling and storage solutions
· Experience leading critical path schedule items
· People Management experience leading multiple project teams including 1 to 3internal PMs and several engineering contractors
· Experience creating, submitting and tracking relevant Capex documentation and KPIs to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value
· Experience in deploying, implementing or rolling out large scale solutions
· Fluency in English is required
· Master’s Degree in engineering (or science/technology)
· Experience leading multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables
· Experience evaluating and simplifying current working procedures and improving organization team structure as well as introducing technology innovations
· Experience investigating technical details and leading problem resolution
· Experience with handling multiple projects at the same time
· Experience in providing equipment projections and with engineering capacity management
· Proven working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software
· Fluency in other EU languages, specifically local language of the country where you will be based
· Flexibility to travel up to 85%
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria